Sunday, January 4, 2009

Goals

The more ahead I am the further behind I get. It seems I take two steps forward and one step back and my goal is never any closer.

 When I was young I thought that by this point in my life things would be different than they are. I’m not sure how they would be different, but they would be. I saw my future self as rich, retired, and traveling the world. I would be popular and defiantly better looking. The trouble with getting older is life gives us a reality check. We look around and discover we aren’t who we thought we would be.  Still if one is honest with ones self things are not that bad. It’s not a matter of not reaching your goals; it’s more a matter of redefining those goals. It is realizing what is really important in your life.            

For me those things are family, friends, and enough money to meet my needs. Riches and fame are always there if can share your life with those you care about. True happiness comes not from money but from sharing your life with others.

If you want to feel good about yourself you need to practice random acts of kindness and make a point of greeting everyone you meet with a smile.                            

No comments:

Post a Comment