Friday, January 2, 2009

Faith In The Future

A new year, a new day, and a chance to start fresh. A time to put the past behind you and look to better things in the year to come. That’s what New Years is all about and it is what each day of our life should be.

An old saying goes “that the does not kill us makes us stronger”. As long as the worst that could happen isn’t dying, we will survive and be better for the lesson learned. The secret to survival is having faith that things will improve and our needs will be met.  Fifty seven years of age may not guarantee wisdom, but it does amount to experience. Experience that equals the knowledge that every time life seems bleakest things will somehow improve. With the help of family and friends and by the grace of God we can overcome any obstacle.

Belief is what truly makes life possible. Wither we believe in a God or not, we need something to believe in. Without a belief system we have nothing to give us faith in the future and without that how can we find meaning in life. That is why religion has been a major part of every culture throughout history.

My wife is reading this over my shoulder and just informed me I am becoming far too profound in my ramblings so I believe I will stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment