Monday, January 5, 2009

You Don't Know What You Have Till It's Gone

My mom told stories about her past repeating them until we kids joked about numbering them. To save time we said we could just say do you remember mom telling number 25 and laugh about it. Now that I don’t have her anymore I miss those stories.

My step dad wanted to take me fishing and camping, but I didn’t have time. I wish now that I’d gone with him.

You don’t know what you have till it’s gone and when it’s gone you can’t get it back. If youth could but see through the eyes of age we would have fewer regrets in life. If we knew how much we would miss something we might pay more attention to it before it’s gone, but that is a gift we can never have.

Let us be thankful for the memories we have and enjoy them until we no longer can.

No comments:

Post a Comment