Friday, June 12, 2009

Freedom Of Speech

I don’t have to agree with what you say, but you have every right to say it. Freedom of speech is one of our basic rights garneted to us by our construction. It is not a shield to hide behind when we want to be petty, gruel, or mean.

Each of us has this same right and if I don’t agree with you, it does not give you the right to force your point of view on me. It does not give you the right to vandalize or burn my property, nor does it say you can do me bodily harm or try to kill me if I don’t think the way you do.

When your freedom of speech turns to hate and can cause harm to someone than you are no longer deserving of that right. Respect for the opinions of your fellow man is key to your right to express yourself, you fall to give that respect and you forfeit your that right.

No comments:

Post a Comment