Monday, February 2, 2009

The Problem With Our World

The problem with our world is that it is being run by a lot of children being paid minimum wage to do jobs that affect the lives of all the rest of us. Many years ago someone told me that you knew you were getting old when you looked around and realized that all the people in charge of the world were kids. Well I must be old because everyone from bank tellers to police people (policeman is probably sexist) seem way too young to be doing their job.

I’ll be the first to admit that they seem to be doing their jobs, but it would make me feel better if they were older. That way they would have more wisdom to go with their knowledge. I’m sure they all have had a good education and lots of on the job training, but knowing how to do their job and doing their job are two different things. One takes training the other takes experience.

Youth is truly wasted on the young. I know that once upon a time we were also young. It’s just that back then we knew so much more than young people do today. Oh if I could know what I know today and live my life over again, just think what I could accomplish.

No, I had my time and really have no regrets about what I did with it. Now it’s their time and they must be allowed to use it. They can not gain experience if they do not go out and make the best of the life they have ahead of them.

As for our world, they probably won’t mess it up any worse than we did. On second thought let’s hope they do better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment