Monday, December 1, 2008

Why

I’ve been fighting a cold for the last five days and have not posted anything. Felling miserable really makes me wonder about writing this blog. I told my self I would write something every day and I would write something profound. Now I don’t want to be profound, I just want to write about what I feel.

Life can be cruel and when it is I find myself wondering why me. I know it is all part of God’s plan and we should give thanks for it, but still I wonder why.
Three years ago I lost the job I held for twenty eight years. They no longer felt they needed a full time custodian and replaced me. Almost as soon as it happened He opened a door on to a new job. True it didn’t pay as well, but we learned to live within our means and when there was a need somehow we always had the money to take care of it.

Then my knees gave out. I could not do my job. I could not climb the stairs, get on my knees to scrub a baseboard, or clean the bleachers after a game. The doctor said they were bone on bone and they had to go.

It has been a rollercoaster ride, but when ever we needed to pay a bill the money was there. He has watched over us and we have always had what we needed. Still there are days when I wonder why. Is there a plan that He has for my life, or am I just wondering along aimlessly?

Is it just me or are there others out there who have the same doubts about where they are going and why they are here? Are there even others people out there in cyber space who care?

No comments:

Post a Comment