Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Snow Shoveling

It going to happen sooner or later. I do not want it to come about. I don’t want to do it. Yet here it is, and I have no choice but do it. It’s time to get out the shovel and fire up the snow blower, head out into the cold, and clean the snow off the driveway. This as close as I get to playing in the snow these days not like it was when I was a kid.

Back then we would stay out all day sliding and playing in the white stuff till we were soaking wet and half frozen. Than mom would yell at us to come in out of the snow and warm up. She would make us take off our wet things, take a worm bath, and put on dry clothes. After that if we were lucky we would get some hot coco or a bowl of soup (tomato with a toasted cheese sandwich).

Back then the cold did not matter, but now it does. Now I would rather look out my window and enjoy the beauty of it than go out in it. Still the fact remains, the snow is in the driveway and it’s not supposed to be there. It won’t move itself, so I guess I have no choice. It’s time to shovel the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment