Monday, December 8, 2008

Cat In The House

We have a house guest. She was not expected, but now she is here. She is a calico cat. I have not seen her since she got here; I think she is hiding under the bed. Oh well she will come out in her own good time. A friend of our nephew just moved back to town from down state and has no place to keep her. I swore I would never have another cat in my life, but somehow there is.

Don’t get me wrong, I love cats. I just don’t want to get attached to another one. I am one of those people who seem to attract stray cats. I can think of at least eight in my life, but there may be more. The trouble is they come into your life, you get close to them, and then one day they are gone. Cats are conditional creatures. They let you get close and love them, but only on their terms. When they decide they have enough that’s it their done.

She is only here temporarily. We will not get attached. Just like Fray David, Fur Ball, and Fluffy. Oh boy, I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment