Friday, December 4, 2009

Snow

It came in the night. I knew it would happen, but some how I had hoped it wouldn’t. Yet there it is outside my window, mocking me with it deceptively beautiful looks. Soft and fluffy, carpeting the dead browns and grays of fall with a blanket of white it has come. As a child it filled me with joy. It meant sliding and skiing, snowmen and snow forts, winter with all the fun of playing out in it. The snow at last is here and it no longer makes me want to go out and play.

The only playing I’m doing these days is with a shovel and the snow blower. Keeping the drive clean so we can get the car out is now my goal on a winter’s day. Still I can’t help enjoying the soft beauty of a blanket of new fallen snow in the moonlight smoothing out the ruff edges of the yard and covering it in a clean white landscape of moonlit shadows and drifts.

It is here, it is not going away, enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment