Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring

Here it is, Thursday and I’m not sure what to write about. Spring is here, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the weather man promises that we won’t have any more snow- at least for the next few days. So far it seems that for every nice day we have had three that were cold and miserable.

I’m ready for it to stay sunny and warm. I got my garden tractor back from the shop and we’re making plans for what to do with the garden this year. I want to dig up some of the old beds and plant all new flowers, and my climbing roses need to be cut back to the ground. The pin cherries are over grown and pushing into the day lily bed, and the hosta by the oak tree need to be replaced with something the deer won’t eat.

The deck needs to be power washed and painted, the hedges need trimming, there is a broken window in the garage, and the weeds are growing in the cracks in the walk. Oh man, I guess it wouldn’t hurt if the weather stayed cold for awhile after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment