Monday, November 24, 2008

Want To Be A Friend?

I sit here staring at the computer screen, wondering what to say. You must forgive me if I ramble; I’m not at all sure what I want to say.The word friend comes to mind as a topic.

It is a word that I have seen a lot lately. Every networking site on the net uses it. They want you to look for friends. You should invite friends to join you. He wants to be your friend. Click here and make this person your friend. The term is thrown around a lot. A friend is someone you can talk to. It is someone who respects your point of view and values your opinion. In this life there are lots of people you know but very few friends.

Perhaps we need to find a different word to use on the sites. Friends should be people you know and respect. Everyone else should only be someone you would like to share ideas with. If you read my blog and I read yours that does not make us friends. Maybe if we share ideas and comment on each others thoughts. If we reach a point where we respect each others opinions and enjoy seeing what we have to say, than we could be friends. Until than I will be glade to add you the list of people I share with, but I will be very careful who I put on that special list called friends.I sit here staring at the computer screen, wondering what to say. You must forgive me if I ramble; I’m not at all sure what I want to say.

1 comment:

  1. Very well put! I think, especially upon retirement, as we 'remove' ourselves from the daily 9 to 5 grind (we'd looked forward to most of our adult working life) that we tend to see less of our 'friends'... and the chats we used to have with acquaintances and co-workers, become pretty much 'non-existent'.
    Still, I think most people do have a need to 'interact' with others of like mind and like interests...even in the virtual world of the internet. I think this is why most people write blogs...I'm pretty sure it is one of the main reasons that I do:)

    ReplyDelete